We had a great week here at Mamatoga and we hope all of you did as well! This week we featured our first Mamatoga Preschool Series post discussing what questions to ask when looking for the right preschool for your little one. I discussed Homemade vs. Store Bought Halloween Costumes and How to Stay Stylish While Pregnant. We are continuing our Freebie Friday Giveaway through the weekend so happy guessing, and thanks to everyone who "liked" my facebook status on the random act of kindness I received today, that made me just as happy as the random kindness did! Plus it looks like we are going to have a beautiful weekend, and on top of all of the great events scheduled for this weekend check out some of our posts on fun fall activities to do in our area:
- Mamatoga's Fall Preview is packed with info on local fall activities
- FoCastle Orchard is a great orchard for little ones to explore
- Schuyler Farms Castle and Dragon Maze is fun for the whole family!
- Try making these from scratch biscuits (and from scratch butter)
- Go Letterboxing!
- Check out beautiful Hudson Crossing Park
- Don't forget about Sittertoga if you need a sitter!
- Also, the Comic Depot is still accepting donations of used Halloween costumes to benefit the Franklin Community Center
- If you haven't gotten your tickets to the Momster Bash and Benefit yet click here to get the $5 discount on pre-sale tickets!
Saturday, October 8, 2011
- The Ballston Spa United Methodist Church has their 5th Annual Falling Leaves 5K Run and Kids Fun Run at William S. Kelley Park, 10am. 5K – $17 pre-registered, $20 day of race. Kids run is free.
- At the Saratoga Battlefield check out Plein Aire from 9am – 4pm. Artists and photographers are welcome as the Superintendent’s guests for the day to enjoy photography or open air painting of the park’s pristine lands. Offering art lessons for kids all day!
- Saratoga County Farm Tour – See the varied farm operations throughout Saratoga County from 10am – 5pm.
- Library Babies is going on at the Saratoga Library today for children under 24 months with child or caregiver from 10-11am. Saturday Family Story Time for children ages 2-5 from 11:30-noon.
- Story Art at the Children’s Museum is from 10:30-11am. Reading together is always better, so please join us for an exciting new story each week! We’ll use our imaginations and stories from around the world to inspire creative and unique art projects.
- The Encore Kids Consignment Sale continues at the 4H building at Saratoga Fairgrounds from 9am – 2 pm.
- Comedy Night at Porter Corners Fire Company is tonight at 405 Bockes Road, Porter Corners. Doors open at 6:30pm, and tickets are $15 at the door. Bring your own alcoholic beverages and get ready for some laughs! For more information, call 858-1706.
- Get ready for the Iron Chef Competition at Saratoga Farmers Market, 2011 from 9-11:30am. This year’s chefs are Max London (the returning champion) and Bryan Walsh of One Caroline Bistro. The rules: Each chef will be given “mystery ingredients” from the market, 2 meats and something else. They are also given $30 vouchers to purchase other ingredients at the market. They get a prescribed amount of time to shop, cook and then present to the three judges. Each chef may bring condiments and must bring all cooking untensils. The Market will provide propane stoves and charcoal grills. (There is no sampling by the public, but they can watch the chefs prepare and see the presentation to the judges.) Emcee will be The Times Union Food Critic, Steve Barnes. It is going to be a great day at the market and 101.3 will be broadcasting live!!
- The Beekman Street Arts District celebrates American Craft Week today from 10am – 5pm. Visiting local and regional artists will set up outside various shops and galleries on Beekman Street, selling their work and demonstrating various craft processes.
Sunday, October 9, 2011
- Check out Artrageous! at the Children’s Museum from 2-3pm. Want to be the next Picasso? Together we will learn about famous artists and then make our own masterpieces! Each week we will explore a different art style and medium.
- Grant’s Cottage is having a Family Fall Festival from 10am-4pm. FREE. Celebrate the end of yet another season for the Grant Cottage with hands-on activities for children and adults, spectacular views from the Overlook, tours of the Cottage, and cake on the porch.
- Our Mamatoga Best Bet for this weekend is the Partners Monster Mash – Fright Flight Festival from 12-3pm at the Saratoga Airport. Carnival activities, treats and silent auction. The main event will be airplane rides for children ages 6 – 17. Halloween costumes optional. For more information contact T.J. Roode at 518-696-5921 ext. 269 or email@example.com. To register online go to www.doublehranch.org