The weather is looking iffy tomorrow readers, but there are still a ton of activities going on around town! We had such a great week here at Mamatoga, we unveiled our new site with more room for us to expand, set up a bunch of Mamatogians with sitters through Sittertoga, discussed Epic Halloween Costume Fails, put a shout out to all of our Etsy mamas, and showcased Katrina Trask Cooperative Nursery School in our in-depth Preschool Series. If you want a fun indoor craft to do this weekend, check out our Mamatoga Recipe, and check out Jeannine's tips on staying fit during and after pregnancy. We are also going to extend our Freebie Friday Giveaway throughout the weekend so check it out if you want to win FREE tickets to our First Annual Momster Bash & Benefit! We have SO many great raffle items that we just know you're going to love for the benefit. Check out our post on what to do on a rainy day if you need some ideas, and stay dry mamas! Saturday, October 15, 2011
- The Waldorf School of Saratoga Springs is having their Autumn Festival and Open House from 11am -3pm at 62 York Avenue. Bring your family and friends to celebrate the season with sheep shearing, cider pressing, artisan demonstrations, live music, great food, and much more! Tour our classrooms and meet our teachers. Rain or shine, for more information: 587-2224 or firstname.lastname@example.org. And stay tuned to Mamatoga for a Spotlight Feature on The Waldorf School of Saratoga Springs for our in-depth Preschool Series!
- Katrina Trask – Half-Price Consignment Sale from 9am-1pm at the American Legion, 34 West Avenue.
- Schuyler House, Saratoga Battlefield. Candlelight Tour from 6 – 9pm. Enjoy the warm soft glow of candlelight through a guided tour of General Philip Schuler’s 1777 country house. Light refreshments and music follows the tour.
- Library – Library Babies for children under 24 months with parent or caregiver from 10-11am. Saturday Family Story Time for children ages 2-5 from 11:30-noon.
- The World Awareness Children's Museum in Glens Falls is having a Saturday Workshop: Making Paper Masks! from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM. Cost is $5 museum admission includes program.In conjunction with the Museum's 'Power of Masks' exhibit, artist and art educator Linda Buerkley will lead this fun workshop. Children will learn paper folding techniques to create a mask and will embellish it in their own unique style.
- Angel Names Association Memorial Walk 2011 is from 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM at the Saratoga State Spa Park. Angel Names Association (ANA) will hold its 6th annual Memorial Walk on Saturday, October 15, 2011 at Saratoga Spa State Park, Saratoga Springs NY, to remember babies lost to miscarriage, stillbirth, and infant death.
- Children’s Museum - Story Art from 10:30-11am. Reading together is always better, so please join us for an exciting new story each week! We’ll use our imaginations and stories from around the world to inspire creative and unique art projects. They are also having their Fire Safety Event today! Be sure to stop by for lots of fun activities... the firefighters will be bringing over their Smoke Bus for us, they will be letting us explore their Fire Station, they'll holding lots of exciting demonstrations. Plus, it's your last chance to win a private breakfast and tour with the firefighters! All of it is free with admission! The fun is from 1 pm to 4 pm tomorrow, see you then!
- It's the Scare-A-Thon at Halloween Hall, Rte. 67, Ballston Spa from 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Halloween Hall's second annual Scare-A-Thon on Oct 15 allows you to shop for your costumes while enjoying fun activities for young and old alike!
- Forno Bistro – Pasta ans Ravioli Cooking Class with Mamma Theresa at 11am. $45 per person. With a laugh that fills the room and countless stories about the old country Mamma is everyone’s Italian grandmother. Tie those apron strings, roll-up your sleeves and join her at Forno Bistro in Saratoga for a hands-on Pasta Ravioli Making Class.
- Tang Museum – Family Fun from 2-3:30pm. Free drop-in arts and crafts and self-guided scavenger hunt.
- J & K Trucking and Excavating Octoberfest 2011 at Gramps Garage, 51 Allen Rd., Porters Corner from 3pm til ??? Come join us for our 2nd annual Octoberfest!! It will be fun for the whole family, tons of food, music, bouncy bounce, bon fire, and so much more!
- Saratoga Springs Fire Department – Annual Open House at 1pm. 60 Lake Ave. Family and friends of all ages are invited for a day of entertainment, exploring and fun. See the bravest use the “Jaws of Life” on two cars, repel from the enormous ladder truck and get a personal tour of the firehouse, plus so much more!! Food and drinks provided.
- Carousel Pavillion at Saratoga Race Course – Saratoga Horse & Tack Expo. 10-am – 6pm. Adults $5, Family $10. Children under 12 are free, Free parking. Tack Swap Meet, 70% off clearance items, commercial vendors, meet horse owners and fellow equestrians, meet Harvey the Horse, win $$$ in prizes and giveaways, silent auction items, Learn about the NY Horse Park and enjoy fun family activities throughout the day.
- Gavin Park has S’mores & Stories from 3-7pm. There will be storytellers, magic, face painting, and of course, s’mores! This is fun for the whole family. $5 admission and 5 and under are free. Proceeds to benefit many local charities.
Sunday, October 16, 2011
- Children’s Museum – Artrageous! from 2-3pm. Want to be the next Picasso? Together we will learn about famous artists and then make our own masterpieces! Each week we will explore a different art style and medium.
- The Hyde Museum is having their Discovery Day Family Program from 1 to 3PM. Admission is free. Tour the children's book illustration art exhibition 'Draw Me a Story' with a museum educator and then illustrate your own story.
- Carousel Pavillion at Saratoga Race Course – Saratoga Horse & Tack Expo. 10am – 6pm. Adults $5, Family $10. Children under 12 are free, Free parking. Tack Swap Meet, 70% off clearance items, commercial vendors, meet horse owners and fellow equestrians, meet Harvey the Horse, win $$$ in prizes and giveaways, silent auction items, Learn about the NY Horse Park and enjoy fun family activities throughout the day.