I hope everyone had a great Monday, whether you had the day off or not! If you didn't get a chance to check out our super fun (non-edible) Mamatoga Recipe yet today check it out here, it is a great craft that is fun for everyone! Also check out our post on Childhood Favorite Books, was The Giving Tree one of your favorites? Do you read the story to your little one? You might be surprised about his background as well, Shel Silverstein was quite the interesting man! There's some great stuff going on in our fair city as usual, so here is the info, I hope you all have a great day! We have some fun stuff in the works for you guys so stay tuned!
- The Saratoga Library has a bunch of great programs going on:
- Preschool Story/Music Program for children 42 months – 5 years from 2-2:30pm.
- Toddler Story Time for children ages 24-42 months from 9:30-9:50am.
- Strengthening Families for parents with children ages 8-12 years old from 5:30-7:45pm.
- Tail Waggin' Tutors is on from 5-6pm. Come read to Quinn our guest therapy dog. He is certified through Therapy Dogs International. This adorable pup loves people, especially kids, and loves to make people smile. He will be very happy to lie quietly and listen to any story you choose. Call 518-584-7860 ext. 3 on the day you would like to read to Quinn and sign-up for a 10 minute session. Quinn will be waiting to hear your favorite story in the Crawshaw Story Room!
- Go Green Workshop from 6:30-8:30pm. Expand your knowledge of green living. Learn how to recycle just about everything, give and get free goods in your community, make tasty earth-friendly meals, help farm animals and wildlife, fight global warming, be a smart consumer and reduce clutter
- The Children's Museum has Tuesday for Tots from 10-12 and 1-3pm with ply dough, crafts, games and friends.
- At Virgil's House from 1-3pm they are having Breastfeeding Cafe featuring information and support for breastfeeding moms. Past moms for their wisdom; present moms for receiving support; future moms for gaining education.
- Greenfield Elementary School is having Preschool Storytime in the cafeteria at 10am. This month’s theme is pumpkins and halloween. Enjoy coloring, story time, crafts and a snack. It completely free to the public and for all ages of kids (birth to kindergarten).