We gave you the round-up on the Local Holiday Events you have to buy tickets for, but we also wanted to give you all the info on the FREE Local Holiday Events, and there are so many great ones our area has to offer so check them out!
- The 36th Annual Annual Holiday Craft Fair will be at the Saratoga Springs City Center on Saturday, November 26th from 10am to 4:30pm. A donation of $2 asked for admission, proceeds go to help the Saratoga Center for the Family battle against child abuse and neglect in the community. Each year, this not-for-profit organization provides more than 3,000 children and families in Saratoga County with the support and counseling they need to cope with the wounds of domestic violence. Vendors will be selling handmade jewelry, specialty food items and other crafts perfect for holiday gifts!
- The Saratoga Tree Lighting Ceremony will take place on Wednesday, November 30th at 7:00pm in front of Putnam Wine, 435 Broadway in Saratoga. Admission is free and your little ones can visit with Santa and Mrs. Claus who will be arriving by horse drawn carriage. There will be free hot chocolate and cookies as well as music by Star 101.3 radio to enjoy as you watch the tree light up!
- The Town of Wilton’s Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony will take place at Gavin Park on Friday, December 2nd from 6:15 to 8:45pm. Bring the family and come start the holiday season off right with Frosty, Rudolph, and of course Santa himself! The Saratoga Soundtrack Chorus will warm us up with sounds of the season at 6:15 p.m. There will be gifts from Santa as well as refreshments and holiday movies for all to enjoy. So, mark your calendar, rain or shine! For more information call (518) 584-9455.
- Santa's Workshop will be at the Saratoga City Center on Saturday, December 3rd from 8am to 2pm. Hosted by The Saratoga Festival of Trees your little ones can get photos taken with Santa and visit with Christams characters! For more information call 518-587-5000
- The 2011 Saratoga Springs Victorian Streetwalk is on December 1st, from 6-10pm. This is one of my favorite local activities, when downtown Saratoga closes to traffic and is transformed into a Victorian winter wonderland. Musicians, singers, magicians, and other performances walk through the crowds entertaining the whole family and Santa welcomes visits from children at his very special cottage. Kids can get up close and personal with his real-life team of reindeer right down the street! Free hot beverages and treats will be served at numerous locations around downtown. Carolers stroll the sidewalks dressed in elegant period costumes and over 50 venues will have entertainment and everything is free and open to the public! The Saratoga Festival of Trees will also be on display, featuring dozens of beautifully decorated trees, wreaths and swags, created and donated by local businesses.