First off, I'd like to say a quick Happy Birthday to my son Finn who turns 5 today. This has been a hotly anticipated milestone age for Finn and we're going to celebrate in style all weekend. Tomorrow we're going to take him up to the Great Escape Lodge indoor water park and then we'll wrap up the weekend with a party at the Children's Museum at Saratoga. He got to kick start his celebration today at school, and I have to give a shout out to his amazing teacher Mrs. Pierce who made him a personalized birthday crown which he has been wearing since he got off the bus today, most likely will sleep in tonight, and no doubt will be sporting all weekend. Today at Mamatoga we had a Top Ten for all you preggo mamas out there, our favorite Pregnancy Apps! I have most of these on my iPhone currently and I love them all. We also gave you our schedule of local FREE holiday events, and now you can find those AND the ones that require tickets all together under our HOLIDAY section, which we'll be updating as necessary, so hit up Mamatoga for all the info on holiday happenings in and around Saratoga! I also gave you my Top Ten list of style and fashion sites that give me inspiration for my home, kids and myself every day, I hope you enjoy them as much as I do! There are some great events going on this weekend, plus we have a great giveaway for you tomorrow, so stay tuned to your number one site for all things mom and family in Saratoga, Mamatoga!
Friday, November 18th
- Children’s Museum - Wiggle & Giggle from 10-11:30am. A time for children to explore the many different things that they can do with their bodies! We will crawl through tunnels, walk the balance beam, roll balls, toss bean bags, and make music with all kinds of instruments.
- Operation Christmas Child Brunch – 115 Middle St Ballston Spa from 10am – 1pm. This party is for children across the world who are in desperate need of simple supplies. For more info call 1-800-353-5849 or visit samaritanspurse.org
- Saratoga Library - Library Babies for children 24 months and under from 10:30-noon.
- Moreau Community Center - 30th Annual Holiday Bazaar from 4-8pm. Free admission.
- Wilton Wildlife Preserve - Pine Oak Walk at 10am and Kid Craft: Fall Thanksgiving at 1pm.
Saturday, November 19th
- Join Saratoga Independent School from 10am – 3pm for a Fun-Filled Shopping Experience. Shop Local Vendors! Win Great Door Prizes! Have Fun! 459 Lake Ave, Saratoga Springs.
- Children’s Museum – Story Art from 10-11:30am. Reading together is always better, so please join us Saturdays for an exciting new story each week! We’ll use our imaginations and stories from around the world to inspire creative and unique art projects.
- Saratoga Library – Library Babies for children 24 months and under from 10-11am. Saturday Family Story Time from 11:30-noon.
- The Fall Baby Festival will also be at the Saratoga Library today from 10-2pm. Sponsored by the Adirondack Council for Birthing Women-come and experience services for new and expectant parents. Belly and Birth Art, Aroma Therapy for Pregnancy and Postpartum, Craniosacral for Pregnancy, Postpartum and Babies, Baby Yoga, Yoga Nidra, Herbs for the Childbearing Year, Continue to Carry, Baby Slings and much more. Door prizes, free raffles and everyone receives a "Goodie Bag". For more information call (518) 307-9810.
- Lake George Polar Plunge at 9am. Did you know it costs $400 to fund a Special Olympics athlete? Come out November 20th and take the Plunge to raise money for the Special Olympics. Spectators are free.
- Saratoga City Center - Adirondack Sports & Fitness Winter Sports and Healthy Living Expo. $5 for adults and 18 and under are free.
Sunday, November 20th
- Children’s Museum – Artrageous! from 2-3pm. Want to be the next Picasso? Together we will learn about famous artists and then make our own masterpieces! Each week we will explore a different art style and medium.
- Spa Little Theater – ART OF MURDER, by Joe DiPietro. Presented by Home Made Theater, as part of their Shuster Series of staged readings! 3pm. FREE ADMISSION-Donations happily accepted!
- SPAC – Hall of Springs. Nutcracker Tea. Come enjoy the Nutcracker, performed by the Northeast Ballet Company, and sponsored by Emma Willard School. Along with food and drinks, a raffle, and dancers interacting with the children. $40 for adults and $15 for children. Check out our Holiday Guide for more info.