There are so many great activities going on around town tomorrow and this whole weekend, so I'll keep this part short and sweet. Today we added another poll to our Mamatoga Moms and Kids Choice Awards for 2011, this time it is the Kid Friendly Restaurant Edition, so go vote for your favorite here! And in case you missed the Coffee Shop edition, you can find it and vote for each one up until the end of the month here as well. Also today we gave you all the info you need on the Universal Pre-Kindergarten program as part of our ongoing Preschool Series, check it out if you have a little one that is going to be eligible, it has all the details, names and numbers you need! We had a great time tonight at the Saratoga Tree Lighting Ceremony and we can't wait for the Victorian Streetwalk tomorrow night, we hope to see some of you Mamatogians there! Also, we have some big news to announce on Monday, we can't wait to share it with all of you, the picture at the left is a little hint, you'll be seeing our M somewhere very soon! Also, check out our Holiday Guide, the original family guide for what's going on around town, it's also full of links, posts, Gift Guides, reviews and much much more, we'll be adding to it all month, and it has our Holiday Events as well! We'll be updating it all the time like little mama elves to keep you in the holiday loop!
Thursday, Dec. 1st
- Saratoga Library – Toddler Story Time for ages 24-42 months from 9:30-9:50am. Preschool Story Time for ages 42 months to 5 years from 10:15-10:45am. Hola-La for childrens in Grades K-2 from 4:30-5:30pm. Teen Advisory Group Meeting from 7-8pm. Rebel Book Club for Teens from 8-8:30pm.
- Children’s Museum – Silly Science “The Forest” at 10:30am.
- Downtown Saratoga -Victorian Streetwalk from 6-10pm. Musicians, singers, magicians, and other performances walk through the crowds entertaining the whole family and Santa welcomes visits from children at his very special cottage. Kids can get up close and personal with his real-life team of reindeer right down the street! Free hot beverages and treats will be served at numerous locations around downtown. Carolers stroll the sidewalks dressed in elegant period costumes and over 50 venues will have entertainment and everything is free and open to the public! The Saratoga Festival of Trees will also be on display, featuring dozens of beautifully decorated trees, wreaths and swags, created and donated by local businesses.
- Saratoga Festival of Trees – New Circus and Carnival Display from 2-10pm. $8 for adults, children 10 and over are $3, seniors are $5 and children under 10 are Free.
- Gaffney’s – Wreath Sale from 5-10pm. Proceeds benefit the Adirondack School of Northeastern New York. Choose from 3 varieties, simple, decorated, and the “Adirondack” style!
Friday, December 2nd
- Saratoga Library – Library Babies for children under 24 months from 10:30am to Noon.
- Children’s Museum – Wiggle and Giggle from 10-11:30 am and from 2:30-4pm.
- Gavin Park – Town of Wilton Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony from 6:15-8:45pm. Bring the family and come start the holiday season off right with Frosty, Rudolph, and of course Santa himself! The Saratoga Soundtrack Chorus will warm us up with sounds of the season at 6:15 p.m. There will be gifts from Santa as well as refreshments and holiday movies for all to enjoy. So, mark your calendar, rain or shine! For more information call (518) 584-9455.
- The Waldorf School of Saratoga Springs - Early Childhood Center, 212 Lake Avenue. 2011 Firefly Holiday Sale from 4-7pm. Many items for sale including wooden toys, hand-made dolls, Barefoot Books, Art and Crafts supplies and much, much more! Also available – One hour Childcare with candle-dipping craft during sale hours. Cost is $5 per child.
- 22nd Annual Candlelight House Tour – 5th Avenue and Phila Street Neighborhood. Each year the Saratoga Springs Preservation Foundation works with homeowners and opens grand Saratoga homes to the public. The 22nd Annual Candlelight House Tour will take you through festively decorated homes in and around the Fifth Avenue & Phila Street neighborhood.5:30pm. $40-$50 for Tour only, $75-$85 for Tour and Reception. Contact Becky Codner for tickets and more information at 587-5030.
Saturday, December 3rd
- Saratoga Library – Gingerbread House Workshop at 9am, 10:30am, and noon. Must pre-register for this event. Register in the Children's Room or call 518-584-7860, option 3.
- Saratoga City Center – Santa’s Workshop from 8am-2pm. Hosted by the Saratoga Festival of Trees, your little one can have their picture taken with Santa and visit with Christmas characters! And from 8-11am, your little one can enjoy Breakfast with Santa, or a Sundae with Santa at 12:30pm, both $8.
- The Waldorf School of Saratoga Springs - Early Childhood Center, 212 Lake Avenue. 2011 Firefly Holiday Sale from 10am to 3pm. Many items for sale including wooden toys, hand-made dolls, Barefoot Books, Art and Crafts supplies and much, much more! Also available – One hour Childcare with candle-dipping craft during sale hours. Cost is $5 per child.
- Home Depot – Free Kids Workshop from 9am-noon. Build a Snowman Napkin Holder. No registration required.
- Children’s Museum – Story Art from 10:30-11am.
- Wilton Wildlife Preserve - Camp Saratoga South Trail at 1pm. Create a Nature Mosaic to hang in your window. Encourages kids to appreciate the different shapes, colors and value of nature!
- go! World Awareness Children’s Museum – Saturday Workshop- Holiday Cards and Ornaments from 10-12pm. Ages 6 and up. Come make cards to send to service persons as part of “Greeting from Home,” view pieces from the Museum’s youth art collection as part of the exhibit “World Winter Traditions” and create your own international ornaments to keep or add them to the Museum’s tree.
Sunday, December 4th
- Children’s Museum – Artrageous! from 2-3pm.
- Barnes & Noble - Come help support Saratoga Reads! at the Book Fair from 11am to 5pm at the Barnes & Noble on Route 50 in Wilton. Enjoy local entertainment and student presentations. Can’t make it? Then you can purchase books online using this code (10564664) and a portion of your purchase will go to Saratoga Reads!
- Saratoga Library – For The Holidays from 2-3pm. Anna and Monte Sugarman will sing songs and tell stories in a joint celebration for Christmas and Chanukkah. Gingerbread House Workshop for Grades 7-12. Please register for this event.