Hey Mamatogians! We hope you all had a fantastic Tuesday, today we gave you our first poll for the Mamatoga Moms and Kids Choice Awards of 2011, it's the Coffee Shop Edition! If you haven't voted yet check it out and vote now to show support for your favorite coffee spot around town! We also had our second post in our At Home Fitness Series and my review of the Polar Express Train, plus we added Saratoga Restaurant Week 2011 information to our Holiday Guide, don't forget it starts this Friday! There are lots of great Holiday Events going on this week, the Saratoga Tree Lighting is tomorrow night and Unwrap the Magic is tomorrow too! Also, the Victorian Streetwalk is Thursday, and the Saratoga Springs Preservation Foundation Candlelight Tour AND the Town of Wilton's Tree Lighting both happen on Friday. The Festival of Trees continues this weekend including the Breakfast with Santa-but act fast, spots are filling up, the 9:30 slot is already full so book now! ALL of the info you need is in our Holiday Events Guide, so check it out and plan a great holiday weekend!
Finally, if you didn't get a chance to grab a copy of the Saratogian's Spirit of Saratoga magazine last week, you can check out Mamatoga's featured article right here!
- Saratoga Library – Toddler Story Time for ages 24-42 months from 9:30-9:50am and 11-11:20am. Preschool Story Time for ages 42 months to 5 years from 10:15-10:45am. Midweek Movie for Teens at 4pm. Get Creative with the Tang Museum for Grades 3-5 from 4:30-5:30pm.
- Children’s Museum - Alphabet Soup from 10:30-11:30am. Each week, your little one will learn a different letter of the alphabet through crafts, games, stories, songs and more!
- The Pilates Studio – (233 Milton Avenue, Ballston Spa) Prenatal Yoga from 6:45-8pm. $12/class. Prepare your body and mind for the wonderful experience of birth with prenatal yoga. It keeps you limber, tones your muscles, and improves your balance and circulation. Join us in a positive, supportive environment with others like you, relax, and meet some new friends at prenatal yoga! Registration is required. Please contact Julie Divencenzo at 518-306-5654.
- Saratoga Tree Lighting Ceremony – Outside Putnam Market located on 435 Broadway in Saratoga Springs at 7pm. Come welcome Santa and Mrs. Claus as they arrive in a horse drawn carriage, sing Christmas carols, and enjoy free hot chocolate and cookies.
- Saratoga City Center – Unwrap the Magic from 6-8pm. Celebrate a Christmas Wonderland. Get a sneak peek at over 250 trees, wreaths and centerpieces decked out for the holidays before the Festival of Trees opens to the general public. ‘Unwrap the Magic’ is a great way to beat the crowd and donate to a great cause! While the Fesrival of Trees is a family-friendly event, the preview reception is geared towards adults with sumptuous appetizers and wine provided by Longfellows and Olde Bryan Inn and live entertainment by local musicians. $60 donation to benefit Catholic Charities of Saratoga. Go to saratoga.com for a chance to win tickets to this event!