I hope you all had a fantastic first week of November Mamatogians! We have so much great stuff happening here at Mamatoga, and we have some great new things to share with you in the next few weeks. Next week we'll have the beginning of our Buying Local Gift Guide as well as more on our Preschool Series, a post on how to get started with cloth diapering as well as much, much more! We have a new contributor to introduce you to as well and we know you're going to love our new feature. This week we had some great posts too, starting off with what to do with all of that leftover Halloween candy. In my case I'm not so sure there will be any "leftover" candy at the rate I'm going. Pregnancy cravings + unattended Halloween baskets equal some lapses in my self control, but if you DO have any leftover candy check out our post from Monday, and here are some links to our other posts this week to peruse over the weekend! There is so much going on this weekend too readers, stuff for the whole family and fun stuff for date nights or nights out with the girls! Speaking of nights out with the girls, you have all weekend to enter our Freebie Friday Giveaway so let us know why you deserve a night out on the town and you could win!
- Monday Recipe: What to do with Leftover Halloween Candy
- Tuesday Fit Tip: Getting in Shape After the Baby
- Top Ten Reasons to Buy Local
- Mamatoga Marketplace
- Ten Signs of a Great Preschool
- Mamatoga Spotlight School: Saratoga Regional YMCA
- Mamatoga Style: How did your Style Change After Having Kids?
Saturday, November 5th
- Saratoga Library – Hug-A-Tree and Survive from 2-3pm. Through video and fun demonstrations, children will learn how to survive in the woods should they ever become lost. Suitable for ages 6-12 accompanied by a parent or caregiver. Children will make a survival pack that will include their very own safety whistle. Register by calling 584-7860, ext 3. Fall Baby Festival from 10-2pm. Sponsored by the Adirondack Council for Birthing Women. Have fun winning Door Prizes, and learning more about chiropractic care and how it fits in with your pregnancy and child’s health. Library Babies for 24 months and under from 10-11am. Saturday Family Story Time from 11:30-noon.
- Children’s Museum – Story Art from 10:30-11am. Reading together is always better, so please join us Saturdays for an exciting new story each week! We’ll use our imaginations and stories from around the world to inspire creative and unique art projects.
- Skidmore College, Arthur Zankel Music Center - Encore! Chris Brubeck’s Triple Play with Special Guest Frank Brown from 7-10pm. Experience good time rhythm and pure joy with Peter Madcat Ruth, Joel Brown, and Chris Brubeck. Admission to benefit SaratogaArtsFest. $25 ($15 with 2011 SaratogaArtsFest ARTSPASS or wallet card) $5 student rush (for remaining seats after 6:45 p.m.)
- Spa Little Theater – A Midsummer Night’s Dream at 8pm. 19 Roosevelt Drive. $20 tickets/$15 students.
- Malta Montessori – Open House from 10am to noon. 100 Saratoga Village Boulevard.
- Forno Bistro – Italian Sauces Cooking Class at 11am. With a laugh that fills the room and countless stories about the old country Mamma is everyone’s Italian grandmother. Tie those apron strings, roll-up your sleeves and join her at Forno Bistro. $45 per person.
- Gideon Putnam Resort & Spa – HOPE Silent Auction & Luncheon from 12-3pm. $38 per person. Join H.O.P.E. and the community at the historic Gideon Putnam Spa & Resort for a delicious lunch buffet, live music and Silent Auction filled with fantastic items & gift certificates to many local restaurants, spa’s and businesses.
- Malta Arts, Crafts & Gift Fair-From 9am until 4pm at the Malta Community Center, many talented and unique local crafters will be displaying and selling homemade decorations, foods, sweets, clothing, jewelry and more for the holiday season. Call 518-899-4411 for more information.
- Fall Baby Festival at the Crandall Public Library in Glens Falls. Sponsored by the Adirondack Council for Birthing Women, come and meet and get to experience services for new moms and families. Belly and Birth Art, Aroma Therapy for Pregnancy, Birth and Postpartum, Craniosacrial for Pregnancy, Birth and Babies, Baby Yoga, Yoga Nidra, Nutrition for Pregnancy and Postpartum, Continue to Carry Slings and more. Door prizes, free raffles and a “Goodie Bag” for each participant. For more information visit: http://crandalllibrary.org/ or call: (518) 307-9810. Free admission.
Sunday, November 6th
- Saratoga Library – Apples, Corn & Pumpkin Seeds: Stories and Songs for Autumn presented by The Storycrafters from 2-3pm. Internationally renowned and Parents Choice Award-winning storytelling duo, The Storycrafters, will present a lively, participatory program of world folktales and songs to celebrate the harvest, colors, sounds, and chills of autumn. H. Dutcher Community Room.
- Children’s Museum – Artrageous from 2-3pm. Want to be the next Picasso? Together we will learn about famous artists and then make our own masterpieces! Each week we will explore a different art style and medium.
- Spa Little Theater – A Midsummer Night’s Dream at 2pm. Saratoga’s Homemade Theater Company will be giving the play a different treatment, exploring it’s Celtic folklore and mythology. $20 tickets/$15 students.
- The National Museum of Dance – Only the Best Bridal Show from 1-4pm. Our third annual bridal show will feature only the best wedding professionals from the Capital Region that will assist you in making your wedding day the most memorable day ever. Admission to the bridal show is free.
- 16th Annual Autumn Leaves: The Chronicle’s Book Fair from 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM at the Queensbury Hotel, downtown Glens Falls. More than 120 authors, booksellers and publishers are expected.There will be children’s activities, panel talks, author readings, headlining events, demos, book displays and sales, and much more! Free admission.