We had a fantastic time at the Saratoga Victorian Streetwalk tonight, we saw Santa, chatted with some elves and Frosty the Snowman, bumped into a ton of friends and Mamatogians and wrapped up our night with delicious pizza at Max London's and a treat from Mrs. London's! The kids thoroughly enjoyed themselves, between the carolers, the marching band coming down the middle of Broadway, the cotton candy and balloons and tons of friendly revelers passing out candy canes it was really a great holiday experience and we feel so lucky to have it right here in our very own town! It really is a special event, and it is made all the more special by the fact that everyone in town gets involved to make it as magical as possible. This weekend is going to continue with some great holiday events, and there is something for everyone going on! Check out our Breakfast with Santa Round-Up for all the info you need to have a little morning meal with the big guy, then check out our Mamatoga Moms and Kids Choice Awards 2011 poll, the Preschool Edition to vote for your favorite! I also did a little post on my obsession with Mini Me Fashion, and we started out our day today with a great guest blog by Amy Breese, a local postpartum doula with some valuable information for every mom out there. We hope you all have a great night, and a great weekend as well! Check out the events going on here in our Daily and at our Holiday Events page, and don't forget about our Holiday Guide full of everything you need to make this a fantastic holiday for the whole family! And if you've missed any of our polls so far don't worry, they are all right here and can be voted on all month! Friday, December 2nd
- Saratoga Library – Library Babies for children under 24 months from 10:30am to Noon.
- Children’s Museum – Wiggle and Giggle from 10-11:30 am and from 2:30-4pm.
- Gavin Park – Town of Wilton Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony from 6:15-8:45pm. Bring the family and come start the holiday season off right with Frosty, Rudolph, and of course Santa himself! The Saratoga Soundtrack Chorus will warm us up with sounds of the season at 6:15 p.m. There will be gifts from Santa as well as refreshments and holiday movies for all to enjoy. So, mark your calendar, rain or shine! For more information call (518) 584-9455.
- The Waldorf School of Saratoga Springs - Early Childhood Center, 212 Lake Avenue. 2011 Firefly Holiday Sale from 4-7pm. Many items for sale including wooden toys, hand-made dolls, Barefoot Books, Art and Crafts supplies and much, much more! Also available – One hour Childcare with candle-dipping craft during sale hours. Cost is $5 per child.
- 22nd Annual Candlelight House Tour – 5th Avenue and Phila Street Neighborhood. Each year the Saratoga Springs Preservation Foundation works with homeowners and opens grand Saratoga homes to the public. The 22nd Annual Candlelight House Tour will take you through festively decorated homes in and around the Fifth Avenue & Phila Street neighborhood.5:30pm. $40-$50 for Tour only, $75-$85 for Tour and Reception. Contact Becky Codner for tickets and more information at 587-5030.
Saturday, December 3rd
- Saratoga Library – Gingerbread House Workshop at 9am, 10:30am, and noon. Must pre-register for this event. Register in the Children’s Room or call 518-584-7860, option 3.
- Saratoga City Center – Santa’s Workshop from 8am-2pm. Hosted by the Saratoga Festival of Trees, your little one can have their picture taken with Santa and visit with Christmas characters! And from 8-11am, your little one can enjoy Breakfast with Santa, or a Sundae with Santa at 12:30pm, both $8.
- The Waldorf School of Saratoga Springs - Early Childhood Center, 212 Lake Avenue. 2011 Firefly Holiday Sale from 10am to 3pm. Many items for sale including wooden toys, hand-made dolls, Barefoot Books, Art and Crafts supplies and much, much more! Also available – One hour Childcare with candle-dipping craft during sale hours. Cost is $5 per child.
- Home Depot – Free Kids Workshop from 9am-noon. Build a Snowman Napkin Holder. No registration required.
- Children’s Museum – Story Art from 10:30-11am.
- Wilton Wildlife Preserve - Camp Saratoga South Trail at 1pm. Create a Nature Mosaic to hang in your window. Encourages kids to appreciate the different shapes, colors and value of nature!
- go! World Awareness Children’s Museum – Saturday Workshop- Holiday Cards and Ornaments from 10-12pm. Ages 6 and up. Come make cards to send to service persons as part of “Greeting from Home,” view pieces from the Museum’s youth art collection as part of the exhibit “World Winter Traditions” and create your own international ornaments to keep or add them to the Museum’s tree.
Sunday, December 4th
- Children’s Museum – Artrageous! from 2-3pm.
- Barnes & Noble - Come help support Saratoga Reads! at the Book Fair from 11am to 5pm at the Barnes & Noble on Route 50 in Wilton. Enjoy local entertainment and student presentations. Can’t make it? Then you can purchase books online using this code (10564664) and a portion of your purchase will go to Saratoga Reads!
- Saratoga Library – For The Holidays from 2-3pm. Anna and Monte Sugarman will sing songs and tell stories in a joint celebration for Christmas and Chanukkah. Gingerbread House Workshop for Grades 7-12. Please register for this event.