There are SO many fun things to do tomorrow and this weekend readers! Whether you are having a fun family night in or going out for First Night Saratoga there is no shortage of great stuff to do. Today I brought you my Mamatoga Style Top Ten with some great organization ideas in case you're in the same mood as I'm in, out with the old, in with the new! And don't forget to enter the FABULOUS giveaway I shared today for a SPA GIFT CARD! Everyone can use one of those! It's almost last call to vote on our Mamatogies, head over and show your love for your local favorites! We are heading down to the city tomorrow for some museum and shopping fun then celebrating the New Year with family, but you have all weekend to enter our giveaway and we'll be dispatching updates from Mamatoga on the road: have kids, will travel! Friday, Dec. 30th
- At the Go! World Awareness Museum in Glens Falls they have European Holiday Traditions: Romania from 10:30am – 12:30pm. Come enjoy Romanian holiday traditions with hosts Victoria Rusu, Adela Tavares and Lisa Adamson. Make a hedgehog bauble, listen to Romanian stories and enjoy Romanian sweets.
- There is an Eagle Watch at Moreau Lake State Park at 9:30am. Grab a pair of binoculars and join park staff on their weekly Bald Eagle survey. Moreau Lake State Park’s section of the Hudson is home to wintering bald eagles. It is important for us to monitor their population and health, please come and help us! Call 793-0511 to register.
- The Stillwater Free Library is having a New Year’s Eve Teddy Bear Sleep Over!Between 5-8pm drop off your stuffed animal for an exciting weekend retreat in the library! Get your photo taken, create a name tag, and then tell us what your animal likes to read and eat. Cost is $5. For more info click here or call (518) 664-6255.
- Wiggle & Giggle is at the Children's Museum today from 10 – 11:30 am. A time for children to explore the many different things that they can do with their bodies! We will crawl through tunnels, walk the balance beam, roll balls, toss bean bags, and make music with all kinds of instruments. Drop in anytime between 10:00am and 11:30am to meet new friends and get some exercise!
- Bloom, A Movement Space is holding a kids Zumba classes today from 1-1:45pm, cost will be $5 per child and $2 per additional kid in the same family. If your child is under 4 they ask that you stay in the room for the class as well.
Saturday, Dec 31st
- Celebrate the arrival of 2012 at a more kid-friendly time. Join The Children’s Museum of Science and Technology in Troy (CMOST) at their 7th Annual Noon Year’s Eve Celebration. The festivities run from 10am until 1pm. Stop in at the Noon Year’s animal show in the Operation W.I.L.D. exhibit, create cool Noon Year’s noise makers and party hats, get your face painted, and participate in fun games and activities. At Noon they’ll do a countdown, participate in a CMOST Museum parade, and welcome the Noon Year with a bubble blowing bonanza! Admission is free for members and $5.00 per person for ages two and up.
- 14th Annual First Night 5K Run at 5:30pm. Start and finish on the beautiful Skidmore campus. The first 3/4 mile is a gradual uphill on the perimeter road. The course exits the campus at Clinton Avenue and continues to Greenfield Avenue, continuing up North Broadway and back to campus. This is a moderately challenging course, including both hills and downgrades. All registered runners will receive a limited edition First Night Saratoga long sleeved t-shirt and a commemorative First Night Saratoga medal. For more information visit: http://www.saratoga-arts.org
- First Night Saratoga in Downtown Saratoga from 5:30pm – 12:30am. First Night is a New Year’s celebration of the arts and community. Each year, thousands of revelers come to Saratoga Springs to experience a wide-ranging variety of arts and music. It is a true showcase of the diverse and immense talent in the Capitol-Saratoga region. Broadway and the surrounding streets of Saratoga Springs will be filled with music, art, comedy and family-friendly entertainment. There’s no better way to ring in the New Year! or more information visit: saratoga.com/holiday/first-night-saratoga.cfm
- From 6– 9 pm for First Night Saratoga 2012, the Children’s Museum is excited to host storyteller Karen Pillsworth, and origami expert Dan Busha. Programs alternate every half-hour from 6 pm to 9 pm. The Museum’s exhibits will not be open. Admission is free for people with a First Night Button, and without a button cost is museum admission ($6 per person, children under 1 are free).
Sunday, Jan. 1st
- First Day Hike from 11am to 1pm at the Saratoga Spa State Park .Things to bring (water bottle, snow shoes, etc.): hiking shoes or snowshoes depending on weather (snowshoes also available for rent) Additional information for participants: Weather will determine whether hike or snowshoe hike and the guided tour will showcase the park’s hidden gem areas. For more information call (518) 548-2535