Here is the Daily for Thursday! And just as a reminder, I'll be having baby #3 tomorrow morning so I will taking a little break from blogging, but check out all of the awesome, amazing, fabulous, fantastic, generous, incredibly helpful fellow bloggers that are helping me out while I get to know the new baby!
- At the Saratoga Springs Public Library from 9:30 - 9:50am is Toddler Story Time, 10:15 - 10:45am is Preschool Story Time
- From 4:30 PM - 5:15 PM check out Hola-La: Pepa in the Winter at the Saratoga Library. In “Pepa en el invierno/Pepa in the winter,” Pepa has a snow day! She wakes up in her house, gets her winter clothes on and plays outside in the snow with her friend “Manolo” the snowman! Pepa and Manolo will have fun on Pepa’s snow day playing winter sports, building an iglu, and enjoying hot chocolate by a cozy fire! As always, practical language will be incorporated throughout the session, which can easily be reinforced at home. (Crawshaw Story Room) For children 2.5-5 years of age. Program meets Jan.26 and Feb. 2, 9, and 16. Registration is required.
Children in grades 3-5 are invited to the Clifton Park-Halfmoon Public Library today at 3:30pm for Lego Club. Participants will create a LEGO display based on a theme within a specified time limit. Registration is required. If you have any questions, please contact the Library at 371-8622.
- From 10:30 – 12 pm join them at the Children’s Museum for Silly Science! Each week kids will explore the different ways science is all around us! Kids will learn about water, forces, seasons, animals, and much more!
- There will be an Eagle Survey at Moreau Lake State Park today from 10am-12pm. Grab a pair of binoculars and join park staff on their weekly Bald Eagle survey. Moreau Lake State Park’s section of the Hudson is home to wintering bald eagles. It is important for us to monitor their population and health, please come and help us! Registration is required, call (518) 793-0511 for more information.
- Also at Moreau today from 1-3pm there will be a Beginner Snowshoe hike. Ever go snowshoeing? This is a perfect time to start. The Park Educator will lead a beginner’s snowshoe where participants will learn the basics of walking with snowshoes, as well as some history of the sport. Starting with the basics will help you enjoy the activity and become a fan in no time… snowshoes are available for rent. Registration is required, call (518) 793-0511 for more information.
- Parents, from 7 - 8:30pm check out Is Your Child Ready for Kindergarten? at the Saratoga Springs Public Library. Denise Warren of Early Childhood Consulting Services will discuss kindergarten readiness including tips for determining whether your child is ready, how you can make a smooth transition, and more. Register in the Children’s room or by phoning 584-7860, option 3.
- Also at the Saratoga Library from 7 - 9pm is Thursday Night Magic: The Gathering. On the fourth Thursday of the month, they are inviting all teen Magic: The Gathering players to the Teen Room for some casual MTG games! This will be a great place for MTG beginners to learn from more experienced players, and for all players to make some trades. TNM starts on Thursday, January 26 and goes from 7-9pm. *Teens in grades 6-12 only*