I have a new obsession readers. Roasted chickpeas. I've always been a lover of chickpeas but since discovering this new way (new for me) of preparing them I eat a LOT more of them. Use this super easy recipe from This Chick Cooks to prepare them, they are amazing as a snack, the kids love them, and they're healthy!
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- dash of cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and stir until well coated.
- Spread chickpeas on a baking pan and bake at 400 for about 20 minutes. Stir and continue baking for another 10-15 minutes, or until chickpeas are crispy.
Like I said these are great alone as a snack or tossed in a salad or on a pizza. My favorite way to enjoy these is Mediterranean style with some feta and some fresh veggies all wrapped up in a tortilla or in a lettuce wrap. This recipe, from The Sweet Life serves two, so change the recipe accordingly if you're making it for the whole family.
- 1 can of chickpeas prepared as above
- 2 whole wheat or whole grain tortillas
- 2 handfuls romaine lettuce
- 1/4 bell pepper, chopped
- handful grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cucumber, cut into slices then quartered
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- feta cheese as desired (my family happens to desire a LOT of feta)
Prepare the chickpeas as above. Assemble your tortillas (or lettuce wraps, leaving out the extra lettuce if you choose this style), lettuce leaves, and chopped vegetables. Divide the cooked chickpeas evenly over the two tortillas. Sprinkle with feta cheese, wrap them up and enjoy!