Did you know here in Saratoga we have one of the Top 10 Small Town July 4th Celebrations according to ABC (#1 according to me)! There are a ton of great, family friendly events happening for the Fourth, here is just a sampling of some not to miss events at this year's Saratoga's All-American Celebration!
- On Wednesday, July 3rd, head to the Fireplace Patio at Bookmakers at the Holiday Inn at 7pm for a Fireside Chat with "General Burgoyne" as he recounts his vantage point of the Battle of Saratoga- the turning point of the American Rebellion. Bring the kids along, there will be free s'mores!
- Get up bright and early and run in the Firecracker 4 on the 4th! Didn't register yet? No prob! Click here to register, you can also register day of.
- After the race, stay for the parade from 11-11:30am! The All-American Parade will be marching down Broadway from Van Dam Street to Spring Street. The parade, led by the Korean War Veterans Color Guard, includes historical re-enactors, civic groups and City leaders, municipalities from all across Saratoga County, music, fun, and more! Be sure to see the dozens of adorable Patriotic Pooches too, thanks to Sloppy Kisses!
- After the parade, bring the kids to Congress Park for a chance to have their pictures taken with the characters from the parade including General Burgoyne, Ben Franklin, and MANY more! Plus, the Saratoga Spring History Museum is sponsoring Family Day in Congress Park with live re-enactors, historic kids games, face painting, carousel rides, live music, food, and more! From 11:30am-3:30pm.
- You'd better come to the parade hungry, because The Sixth-Annual All-American BBQ & Dessert Fest is back and bigger than ever! With dozens of participating restaurants and organizations, you'll be able to try some of the best BBQ and dessert that Saratoga Springs has to offer. Each tasting is $1 paid to each participant at their locations. Most participants are located in and around downtown and more will be set up in the Holiday Inn parking lot. Print your Program, Map & Ballot here, vote for your favorites, and get a commemorative T-Shirt for only $10 when you turn in your stamped ballot at the Ballot Turn-in Tent in Congress Park. Click here for the list of participants!
- I can't WAIT to be a judge in the Mom and Pop BBQ Competition from 4-7pm at the Downtowner Hotel parking lot on Broadway. Local residents team up with local personalities and compete to make their best BBQ for the judges. Click here for more info, and check out the talented Sous Chefs and lovely judges!
- The Party in the Park starts at 6:30 and leads up to the Fireworks at dusk in Congress Park and it is the biggest one yet! This year's Party features a live concert from our area's hottest band, THE AUDIOSTARS. Bring a picnic blanket and relax and enjoy the live music, food, family and the 4th!
- There will also be a live reading of the Declaration of Independence at 9:15 in Congress Park. How cool will it be to hear our nation's founding document read aloud over the crowd of thousands?! I love it!
- Alonzo Fireworks brings another incredible fireworks display up close and personal in Congress Park! Set to patriotic music thanks to Saratoga Guitar and The Jockey 101.3 FM.