Have you heard about Leap of Kindness Day in Saratoga County yet? Coming up on Monday, February 29th all across Saratoga County dozens of organizations and hundreds of individuals will be doing something kind for someone else to celebrate #leapofkindnessday. The Saratoga County Chamber believes the best way to use this one extra day is to do something kind for someone else, so they are inviting everyone in Saratoga County (and beyond) to celebrate February 29, 2016, as Leap of Kindness Day. You and the kids can join their #leapofkindnessday celebration simply by doing something kind for someone else and if someone else does something kind for you then pay it forward.
- Local nursing homes have hundreds of residents who would LOVE to receive flowers and/or new socks on #LeapofKindnessDay. The professional staff's who care for these residents also deserve a special thanks for the work they do. Below is contact information for your company to setup a donation and delivery of flowers or new socks for residents and/or trays of cookies for the professional staffs on February 29th. By the way, warm socks are the best - - ankle length white socks are best for foot care as well as a non-binding cotton material.
- Saratoga Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing Care, in Ballston Spa - Contact Cookie Travis at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 518-885-2208 ext. 1001. They have 240 residents and six units as well as one administrative floor who all enjoy cookies!
- The Wesley Community, in Saratoga Springs - Contact Lorrie Shilling at email@example.com or by phone at 518-691-1563. They have 320 residents and 9 nursing units who also love cookies!
- There are nearly 30 local food pantries located all across Saratoga County. By February 29, many local pantries will be in desperate need of food. To celebrate #LeapofKindnessDay, your organization can collect and deliver food to a local food pantry on February 29, 2016. Click here to see the complete list of local food pantries.
- Send a note of gratitude to your child's teacher on Monday, February 29th. If you really want to celebrate #LeapofKindnessDay, enclose a gift card to their favorite local store or restaurant or a store that carries supplies for their classrooms or books they can share with their students.
Sometimes kindness can be expressed in the simplest of ways. Click here to read about how to just take a moment out of your day to share some kindness with a fellow mom.